Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Gray Chapter 2 cont.

“Well, to put it bluntly, this cube is the machine that created us.” I double take at the cube in my hands. “So why did you give it to me?” He sat back and shrugged again. “When I saw you, I saw into your inner self. It's just the way how we find out if that person is a good friend to have, or an enemy to beware. And I saw the pure imagination within you that intrigued me. You seemed like a person who would treat the cube with respect.”

I stare with newfound wonder at the small metallic object in my hands. I suddenly ask, “How do you use it?” He holds his hand out to me, silently asking for the cube. When the cold object is in his hands, he pushes in a section of one side, and the cube bursts. My mouth opens widely of its own accord for a few seconds. Then the minuscule fragments of the cube start to form into a flat surface in the air in front of Gray.

It transforms into some sort of screen and glows bright white. When it darkened, you could see a small square in the center of the screen. Gray touched the square, and a cyan blue line broke from the screen and positioned itself on Gray's forehead. He closed his eyes, and an image of a blue flower appeared.

When Gray opened his eyes, the flower shimmered, then floated out of the screen. He plucked it out of the air and handed it to me. It looked like a freshly picked blue rose. The flower was beautiful, having an Exotic aura. It had petals of velvet and the center was made out of what seemed to be small gems. I held it up to the light, and the brightness shone through the paper thin petals. It was perfect.

I handed it back to Gray and he pressed a button on the machine, causing the flower to disappear for a moment. He closed his eyes again, and the flower reappeared in a small vase. He picked it up again and set it on my table, almost as a monument. “This flower will never die. The Vase's water is ethereal, from the Sky temple that I found during one of our travels, and It gave me the Idea for this.” I looked at the vase in awe for a moment.

I whispered, “Thanks Gray...” He nodded. “Don't mention it.” We sat in silence for a moment. Then my alarm clock went off, startling us both. I shut it off, but then I realized that it was now 7:30. My parents would be getting up soon. I turned to Gray. “Gray, my parents will be getting up soon, is there anywhere we could go to talk? I don't think that they would take you very well.” He nodded in understanding.

He chuckled as he stated, “Well, where do you want to go? We can go anywhere, at any time!” It was then it hit me that Gray had a time machine. I was confused for a moment, but eventually I said, “Well, I have no idea where to go...” He nodded. “I know just the place.”

We went out to the front lawn and he took out the cube. It shattered again, and after the screen had fit itself together again, he thought for a moment. Then a small ship like piece of equipment came out. The cube re-formed itself, and we hopped inside. We sat side by side in the small craft. It was streamlined on the outside and rather spacious inside.

We sat down in the padded leather chairs and he typed in a destination on the dashboard. Our seatbelts clicked into place and a red light flashed a warning above our heads. Then a plastic cover concealing the big red button popped open, and it beeped, signalling that it was ready. Just before he punched it, he pulled out a small communicator-type thing and sent a message.

Then he nodded to me, and I nodded back

He punched the button...

And the world shattered as we took off into the slipspace of time.

Chapter three coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment